Light it Up or Dim it Down – Lighting Ideas for your Living Room!
To get the lighting right in your living room think about what happens in there – most likely lounging or entertaining with family and friends. Before you go shopping for new light fittings check out these helpful tips…
- Ambient lights provide the soft glow perfect for conversation with guests
- Use table tamps beside the sofa or armchairs to give ample light when reading
- Chandeliers with their sculptural shapes fill the void between the ceiling and the living space, and their twinkling bulbs provide a multipoint illumination that softens shadows and makes the room’s highlights sparkle
- Decorative wall sconces are designed to add shape, texture and contrast to walls.
- Recessed lighting allows you to position a focused, downward-facing beam exactly where you need it.
- Floor lamps come in many styles; are portable, allowing for flexibility in use; and cast light up, down, and out simultaneously, producing an even light that minimizes harsh shadows.
Do you need advice? We’re here to help
Too busy to come to us? No problem, we’ll come to you
MCK FREE CONSULTANCY SERVICE – at your home, office, building site or in our showrooms
Bright Ideas for Lighting up Your Home
Call in to our dedicated Lighting Showroom for advice on lighting solutions for your home or project. You’ll find an extensive range of light fittings, LED lighting ideas, and decorative lighting solutions like wall lights, table lamps, floor standing lamps, chandeliers, outdoor lighting and much more.
Like us on Facebook and tell all your friends about us and you could win one of the fabulous prizes we give away each month!